Those of us who wear makeup know that hot days present challenges. Read on for some quick tips on how to summer proof your makeup for Stampede and beyond.
1. If your skin has been well looked after your makeup will adhere and wear that much better. EXFOLIATION, either manually with scrubs or chemical applications like glycolic acid. Moisturize with a moisturizer with an SPF; it’s essential to let it relax into the skin for 5 min before you begin priming or foundation.
When I have clients who are going to be outside for most of their day I love to layer a cremeblush under their foundation for two reasons; 1. In natural light It looks like it’s coming from within the skin! 2. The formula of the crèmes I use are longwearing. Stains are also fantastic for summer!
2. I do swear by primers, as I’ve proclaimed in previous blogs-my latest favorite is Smashbox’s Primer oil. (Winter Skin Blog has a pic) Oil has been such an evil word in the makeup world for a long time; thought it’s a new day and hey ho. It’s amazeballs-EVEN in summer months.
I do have oilier skin after a day’s wear; which is why I find MIXING IN MY MATTIFYING LOTION with my foundation works wonders! I can build foundation for more coverage where in need it by STIPPLING in light LAYERS rather than brushing product on using larger strokes.
I recommend a wet beauty blender or dense foundation buffer brush for foundation application. Your foundation should match and therefore doesn’t need to be worn like a mask. Set with POWDER, (Don’t forget a light dusting undereye) FOLLOWING WITH SETTING SPRAY which will keep your makeup on and remove any powdery finish revealing hydrated, even looking skin. Ta da!
3. LASHES! Wearing either falsies or extensions is a super smart summer move. Lashes are a great way to look both polished and feminine. They are not going to wear off your face! Try layering clear mascara over regular mascara to “seal” it recommends Makeup Artist Kevin James Bennett
4. BLOT PAPERS over POWDER- Powders pile up and as the day runs on they gather on the skin and create teeny globby patches. Keep it clean with Blot Papers of some kind. They also don’t break in your purse like a powder can and fit discretely in your back pocket!
5. LIP STAINS/LONGWEAR LIPSTICKS– Professionally I do prefer stains as they tend to look like part of the skin. Though if you haven’t tried a long wearing lipstick product yet: summer is the time to do it. Just remember: light layers instead of heavy thick ones. You”l
HAVE FUN, PARTY ON and PLAY SAFE.